The Ultimate SEO Checklist for Business Owners: Boost Your Search Ranking and Dominate Google
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
Are you tired of struggling to get your small business noticed online? Look no further than our Ultimate SEO Checklist series! In this first installment, we’ll cover the basic SEO checklist to help you lay a strong foundation for your website’s search engine optimization. By following our tips and best practices, you can improve your website’s visibility, drive more traffic to your site, and ultimately rank #1 on Google! Stay tuned for the rest of our series, including technical SEO, keyword research, content creation, and on-page optimization checklists.
- Part 1 The Basics checklist
- Part 2 Technical SEO checklist
- Part 3 Keyword Research checklist
- Part 4 Content creation checklist
- [COMING SOON] Part 5 On-page optimization checklist
How to use this SEO checklist
SEO is a marathon and not a sprint.
SEO is an ongoing process and not something you only do once. This checklist helped us go from unranked to the first page of Google in less than two months. We know you wanted to rank high yesterday, but SEO is a marathon and not a sprint.
The Must-Do SEO Checklist
1. Set up Google Search Console
Google Search Console is a free and essential tool by Google for tracking organic search activity of your siteI Its role is to help you understand and improve how Google sees your siteI Google Search Console will help you:
- See the best-performing pages
- See which keywords bring in the most traffic
- Fix website
- Submit indexing new page
- Submit error
- See ranking positions
2. Set up Google Search Console
3. Set up Google Analytics
Google Analytics collects data from your website and gives you all the insights and reports to help you better understand your customers. Google Analytics helps you understand:
- How much traffic do you get from Google
- Where are the visitors coming froÅ
- Which pages bring in the most traffic to your website
- Bounce rate, time on site, and many more
4. Create and submit a sitemap
Submitting a Sitemap is a crucial part of a successful SEO strategy. Sitemap helps Google spiders show where to find important content and how to crawl your site.
- You can enable an auto-generated sitemap of each project.
- You can write your custom sitemap.xml and add it to your project.
You can find your sitemap at your-site.com/sitemap.xml.
Learn how to create and submit your sitemap: Webflow Example.
5. Create a robots.txt file
A robots.txt file tells search engines where they can and can’t go on your site. This prevents search engines from crawling certain pages or areas of your site.
Robots.txt file helps you with:
- Locking up parts of your website from Google
- Preventing the crawling of duplicate pages and content
- Preventing the crawling of internal search results page
- Preventing server overload
- Preventing Google from wasting
For Webflow developers, Webflow gives you easy access to your site’s robots.txt file via the SEO tab of your project.
6. Disable indexing your subdomains
Use a a staging subdomain for every new project when you are not yet ready to go public. Having the same content on your domain and subdomain can lead to trouble since Google punishes duplicated content. To prevent Google from indexing your subdomain, you have to disable subdomain indexing. On Webflow, you can easily avoid the whole duplicate problem with one click in your project's SEO settings.
Take your brand to the next level
Get a headstart and request a free audit for your site with our experts.